Please join us by filling in the form below and have your say in the future of services for your child or young person. And please encourage others to join too – the wider our representation the stronger our influence and impact.
As a source of information for parents and carers we will be publicising information, training and events so please contact us with details of any workshops or training days that your group is running. And please check the website for up to date information on future events.
October is ADHD Awareness Month and on the 10th October ADDISS will be hosting an event in Barnet at the RAF Museum for parents, teachers, healthcare professionals and anyone who has an interest in ADHD.
The theme across Europe is Women and Girls which coincidently is an issue that will be highlighted in the new NICE Guidelines. Women and girls with ADHD tend to be missed or misdiagnosed and this applies to ASC as well.
• Welcoming guest speaker Dr Ellen Littmann from New York who will talk about ‘Girls and Women with ADHD: What Research reveals about their inner lives, and what it means for the future
• Launching our new ADHD in Barnet drop in services for parents in Barnet, we will be talking about local partnerships, working with schools, the voluntary sector and the council. Sharing future plans to support teachers, families and adults in Barnet
• An overview of the 1 2 3 Magic programme for parents and teachers.
• Introducing a new three year project on Positive Behaviour approaches in schools. A partnership between Woodcroft School, ADDISS and a number of European partners in Portugal, Italy, Romania and Belgium
• introducing guest speaker Dr Rachel Gow who will share her research on ADHD, Nutrition and the Brain
• introducing Kevin Roberts who will talk about the power of ADHD and how we can teach children to harness their energy for future success. Including how teachers can help.
The event will be supported by the Young Barnet Foundation, Community Barnet and Inclusion Barnet and Barnet Mencap
Tickets only £5.00 for the day and include lunch.
Tickets available on eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/adhd-awareness-conference-tickets-37997813483 or telephone Andrea Bilbow on 020 8952 1515